Welcome to M.D. Handfield Designs Inc, a handmade wooden toy manufacturer located in Beaumont, Alberta, Canada. All of my wooden toys are made in Alberta with the assistance of independently contracted woodworkers. I follow strict toy manufacturing guidelines as per Canadian toy manufacturing laws. Aside from being made of sustainable eco-friendly materials, my toys are also bright, fun and safe.
This shop accepts all major credit cards, PAYPAL payments and electronic funds transfers.
As a corporation, it is required to collect GST/HST. According to the government of Canada, GST/HST is based on the provincial destination of where the goods are going to.
If payment does not clear within 48 hours of payment submission, I reserve the right to cancel the order.
We ship from coast to coast in Canada, including Quebec.
Shipping usually takes 2-10 days within Canada. If you would like to avoid shipping costs, you can make arrangements to pick up from my studio in Beaumont, Alberta.
To pick up from my Studio in Beaumont, Alberta. This is now available as an option at checkout.
Although we value our US customers, we have had to make a difficult decision and unfortunately decided that we are not shipping outside of Canada at this point of time on this website. owever, you can still order from our Etsy Shop
Should things change, we will be the first to let you know via our facebook page www.facebook.com/mdhandfielddesigns
Most of our items in our shop are made specifically for you when you order it. We leave a 6 hour window between when you place your order and placing an order cancellation request. Cancellation requests must be placed in writing on this platform via email.
Orders will not be able to be cancelled after 6 hours of order placement as our woodworkers and artists will have already started your project.
In the rare event that you want to return an item, we accept returns under these conditions:
- retail gift box or retail gift bag product Is packaged in is unopened and undamaged
- you have contacted us in writing via email within 3 days of receiving the item to obtain a return number.
- items must be recieved by us within 14 days from Canada Post's tracked delivery date of your order.
- Custom or personalized orders
- Digital downloads
- Items on sale
Conditions of Return:
- Customers must contact us within 14 days of receipt to request return information if the product arrives and is damaged or materially different from what was ordered.
- All product packaging (boxes, etc.) and, if applicable, certificates of authenticity, grading, and appraisal must be returned with the item.
- Items that have been resized, damaged, worn, washed or otherwise altered after delivery will not be accepted for return
- Customer is responsible for all shipping costs including tracking and insurance.
- Refunds are for product only and refunds will be processed once we have received product and verified that it has been unopened.
- Returns are suject to a 50% restocking fee.
- We have the right to refuse a refund if the product has been opened or if the circumstances are not as customer described.
- Customer is also responsible for shipping fees to ship item back to us.
- Eligible items must be shipped back to us with tracking and insurance. If we recieve an item marked return to sender, we will deduct the return shipping cost from the product refund
Shipping Confirmation and Tracking Your Order
I will send you a shipping confirmation email when your order ships or is ready to be picked up. Your order will ship once it has been completed and when your payment has cleared.
I can guarantee the ship by date, which is the date I will bring your order to the post office. Unfortunately I cannot guarantee an arrival date as the shipping is controlled by Canada Post. Unfortunately I cannot not issue a refund for orders, that do not arrive "on time", due to postal delays. Thank you for your understanding.****
Damaged goods includes items that have been damaged in shipping. If a shipment arrives at your door with apparent shipping damage, please refuse the delivery. If you have already accepted delivery and then find shipping damage, please call us within 24 hours from receipt of parcel to start a claim. Save all packaging material and paperwork; do not throw anything away as Courier companies require proof of shipping damage. Any claims placed after 24 hours will not be processed.
In the rare event that something does get damaged during shipping, I will fully replace damaged merchandise and ship the replacement to you as soon as possible.
Please contact me if you have any questions/concerns about your order.
- All prices, pictures and descriptions and availability of items on this site are subject to change without prior notice.
- When you place your order with me, you agree to the price and terms indicated on my website on the day of your order purchase. Price differences related to future or past prices in my store are not refundable.
- by placing an order with me, you understand and agree that you have read the listing, taken note of all materials used and finished sizes of items, understand what comes with the item listing you purchased and have read the age recommendations and any warnings associated with the product. Furthermore, by placing an order with me, you agree that you have read and understood my shop policies, terms and conditions and that you agree to be bound by my terms and conditions stated when you complete your purchase from me at checkout.
- Custom orders are fun but time consuming. Unfortunately we are not currently accepting custom order for toys not currently found in our toy lineup.
Ethics and Copyrights
This company complies with copyright laws pertaining to licensed characters, logos and trademarks. As per law, no exact copyrighted characters can be made for commercial purposes. I reserve the right to refuse requests for custom items based on copyrighted materials.
In addition to this, I hold my own copyrights to my wooden toys. I ask that other artists and shops respect this. I would rather not have to take legal action to protect my works, but will if the need arises.
- I accept no responsibility for user initiated damage and/or loss of parts incurred during operation or use of product.
- I reserve the right to refuse any sale at any time.
- I reserve the right to change my policies at any time.
IN NO EVENT SHALL MD HANDFIELD DESIGNS INC, MDHANDFIELDDESIGNS.ETSY.COM, MDHDESIGNS.CA, MDHTOYS.CA OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATED ENTITIES OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND/OR INJURIES, EVEN IF MD HANDFIELD DESIGNS INC, MDHANDFIELDDESIGNS.ETSY.COM, MDHTOYS.CA AND MDHDESIGNS.CA HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND/OR INJURIES, WHETHER IN AN ACTION, UNDER CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE, INABILITY TO USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, PRODUCTS AND MATERIALS AVAILABLE FROM THE SITE. These limitations shall apply notwithstanding any failure of essential purpose or the existence of any limited remedy. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitations may not apply to you.